Did you catch our coconut oil episode on Boxed Live? We shared this easy coconut oil bliss balls recipe which tastes just like a Mound bar but is actually good for you! They’re great to make with kids (they’ll love rolling the balls) and you can even freeze a batch for a nutritious, anytime treat.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup Prince & Spring Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 Tablespoons Barney Butter Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Carrington Farms chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut
- Cover dates in warm water and leave to soak for 1 water.
- Drain dates and add to food processor, along with Prince & Spring Organic Coconut Oil, almond flour, cacao, almond butter, and chia seeds. Process until roughly smooth.
- Leave for 20 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Pour shredded coconut onto a plate. Scoop 1 Tablespoon balls of the date mixture and roll into a ball between your palms, then roll in the shredded coconut.
- Eat right away, or store in the fridge or freezer.
What’s your favorite way to use coconut oil?