ICYMI – we just launched Boxed Hotels and we’re kicking things off with our guide to this summer’s hottest vacation destinations, plus our pick of the best hotels – from boutique to blowout – so you can book the room of your dreams (at up to 45% off!).
Whether you’ve been to Paris a dozen times, or it’s your first, Paris is always a good idea. Skip the Eiffel Tower lines and get off-the-beaten track, from picking up picnic fare at the vivacious farmer’s market at La Bastille (don’t miss the roast chicken!), to whiling away an afternoon at the glorious Rodin and Picasso museums.
- Arioso Paris is the perfect pitstop for a shopping spree on the Champs-Elysees. $110 a night.
- Hotel Madison by MH (above) is a bargain with its chic decor and address, located in the heart of romantic, cafe-lined Saint-Germain-des-Pres. $235 a night.
- Regina Paris is a Parisian classic, overlooking the Louvre and steeped in luxury. Hotels this fab usually go for twice as much, but Boxed Hotels has scored a real bargain for you. $300 a night.
London is both dripping in history and completely new, and a single day can take you anywhere from proper fish and chips at the city’s oldest pub, to stargazing at the spot where East meets West (the Greenwich Observatory is a must for all ages), and ending up with cocktails at the super sleek Shard Building (naturally, overlooking historic London Bridge).
- Strand Palace Hotel is in the heart of the West End, perfect for catching a show – or catching some Chinatown grub. $175 a night.
- Mondrian London is cool, almost too cool, but perfectly positioned on South Bank, so you’re within walking distance of the Tate Modern, or a bevy of riverside bars. $209 a night.
- The May Fair Hotel London – the iconic London hotel that’s quite unlike any other, opened by King George V himself in 1927. $381 a night.
New York might get pretty warm in the summer, but it’s as close as you’ll get to having the city to yourself – which means less lines at museums, less traffic, and less stress getting into those hot new restaurants.
- Hudson Central Park – it’s near impossible to find hotel rooms in NYC for under $250, but this design-forward hotel is right by Central Park with a fun bar and won’t break the bank. $145 a night.
- The Standard High Line has been the hot hotel for years and its star shows no signs of waning, so nab this sexy west side stunner and enjoy sunset drinks on the rooftop with the pretty young things. $277 a night.
- The Peninsula New York – with Boxed Hotels, you can check that dream hotel stay off your bucket list. How does 30% off The Peninsula sound? Thought so. $539 a night.
Three days in Vegas is the ultimate long weekend destination, an adrenalin rush from touchdown to wheels up. Whether it’s a quick honeymoon idea you’re looking for, or a girly getaway with serious spa time on the agenda, the prices are low and the value is high in Sin City.
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is a top-rated hotel and a steal, especially with our 25% off rate. $173 a night.
- Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is the only hotel on the strip without a casino, so it’s literally a breath of fresh air. Don’t miss the spa. $202 a night.
- The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino. Think Vegas, think the Venetian. Expect plenty of gold, marble and Food Network stars. $175 a night.
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience that everyone should dive into at least once in their lives. Eat fresh pad Thai tossed together over a fiery wok from a street vendor, hunt for amulets and other treasures at the maze-like Chatuchak Market, and gaze in wonder at the gilded Buddha at Wat Pho temple.
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel is the place to stay if you want to land, drop off your bags and start shopping (it’s part of the massive MBK Center). $107 a night.
- Banyan Tree Bangkok has stunning views of the sprawling city from every room, plus deep, luxurious baths to help soothe the jetlag away. $150 a night.
- The Siam (above) will spoil you for life, with each of its 39 boutique rooms outfitted with Thai antiques and Art Deco details. $481 a night.
Book your hotel room on Boxed Hotels.
* Prices subject to change, based on August dates.