Pasta is one of our go-to midweek dishes – especially in winter when nothing’s better than curling up on the couch with a bowl (or eating it straight from the skillet, no judgement!) and a glass of red wine.
Barilla linguine with caramelized apple, pumpkin, and bacon might sound like a fancy restaurant dish, but is ready in under 30 minutes. Even better, you only need one pot and one pan, so cleaning up is a breeze. Simply roast all the ingredients (except the goat cheese) in one pan while the pasta cooks, then stir together, top with the creamy cheese, and serve!
Ingredients (for 8 people):
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (we love Prince & Spring Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 cups apples, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 3 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 small goat cheese log
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In mixing bowl combine olive oil, apples, pumpkin, thyme and bacon.
Place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are caramelized and pumpkin is soft.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat.
Add apple mixture, scrapping all ingredients from baking sheet into pasta. Toss and heat through, season to taste.
Place in eight bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese.
What’s your favorite winter pasta recipe? Make us hungry in the comments!