New year, old boring recipes? We don’t think so. We’re starting the year with inspiring, healthy meals that take us through lunch and dinner. Here are three easy January recipes that check off both resolutions and cravings. Here’s to a delicious 2018!
1. Tuna quinoa cakes
Photo: Men’s Fitness
These golden tuna quinoa cakes make a light but filling protein-packed dinner served with a crisp salad, stuffed into pita pockets, or as a veggie alternative to burgers.
- 1 cup Prince & Spring Organic White Quinoa
- 1 can Starkist Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1/4 cup 4C Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon and Pepper Seasoning
- Prince & Spring Vegetable Oil
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Flake tuna, then add to cooked quinoa, along with breadcrumbs, egg, and lemon and pepper seasoning. Mix gently, then shape into small patties.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the cakes for two minutes on each side.
2. Easy peasy minestrone
Here’s a winter soup recipe that you can make in bulk on Sunday night and portion away for weekday lunches and quick dinners (Prince & Spring Food Storage Containers make resolution-friendly portioning and freezing a breeze).
- Barilla rotini (or penne)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 oz box Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
- 1 can Goya Chick Peas
- 2 potatoes, diced
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a separate pot, saute onion, celery, carrot, and garlic for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add diced tomatoes, parsley flakes, chick peas, and potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes until a knife pierces through the potatoes easily.
- Add cooked pasta. Stir, check for seasoning, and serve.
3. 10-minute chicken curry noodles
We get it, it’s sometimes easier to get takeout than make dinner. But this tasty takeout knock-off recipe is ready in half the time it takes for your food to get delivered, with a lot less calories.
- 2 packs Nongshim Chapaghetti Noodle Pasta
- 1 can Swanson Chicken Breast
- 1 can Goya Coconut Milk
- McCormick Red Pepper Flakes
- Crush peanuts
- Cook Chapaghetti Noodles according to directions in a medium pot.
- Add coconut milk, and red pepper flakes to taste, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve, topped with Sriracha and crushed peanuts.
What’s your favorite healthy-ish recipe? Make us hungry in the comments!