Whether you’re in it for your team, the game, or the ads, Game Day is one of the best eating days of the year. Let’s face, queso dip is always delicious, but it’s somehow extra delicious with the Big Game on, surrounded by friends.
Truth is, most of us hosting Game Day parties end up stressing out about the menu, running out of snacks, and losing out on the fun. These recipes get you back in the game – with a drink in hand. We call that winning.
Two-Ingredient Queso Dip
This two-ingredient queso dip is sure to be a total touchdown with guests. It’s a great appetizer on Game Day and every day — especially when paired with crunchy tortilla chips to scoop up all the cheesy goodness.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Combine ingredients in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on High for five minutes or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after three minutes. Serve with plenty of chips.
Photo: Cook’s Illustrated
You’ve got to have nachos on Game Day, and it couldn’t be easier to make. Use this no-recipe recipe as a guide, then just stock up on your favorite fixing and pile them high on crunchy corn chips.
- 1 bag Tostitos Old Restaurant Style Chips
- 2 cans Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 can Goya Black Beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tostitos Chunky Salsa
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put refried beans in small pan. Heat until warm.
- Spread chips on a cookie sheet. Spoon over the warmed refried beans and the black beans over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes.
- Top with salsa and sour cream. Serve.
Sriracha Bloody Mary
Photo: Powell and Mahoney
Kick things up a notch with a batch of these spicy Bloody Marys, perfect for pregaming.
- 1 x 64 oz. bottle V8 Vegetable Juice, chilled
- 1 bottle Vodka*, chilled
- Celery sticks, to serve
- Green olives and lemon wedges on cocktail sticks
- In a large carafe, mix one bottle of V8 Vegetable Juice with one bottle of vodka. Add a squeeze of Sriracha or more to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
- Squeeze Sriracha onto a flat plate. Twist the rim of your drinking glasses in the Sriracha for a spicy rim. Pour the Bloody Mary and serve with a celery stick and olive lemon wedge garnish.
* Spirits available in CA, more states coming soon.