The Big Game is almost here, so we’re going to show you how to be the host with the most on Sunday, February 4th.
Follow this handy checklist so you’re fully stocked up with all your snacks, drinks, and party supplies (just like our favorite Instagrammers Yummertime). Pro tip: Boxed’s private brand Prince & Spring makes hosting a breeze, with premium essentials ranging from napkins to nuts. Then be the MVP of your party with our best game day recipes.
Your Game Day Checklist
- Plates, bowls, and cutlery: make sure you have plenty of tableware so guests can help themselves (especially to seconds of our favorite two-ingredient queso dip).
- Bar basics, such as plastic cups, shot cups, straws, and cocktail shakers: we’ve all been to parties where there’s never enough cups. Don’t be that host. Our bulk sizes are made for entertaining.
- Napkins and paper towels: game day can get boisterous (read: messy), so having extra napkins and paper towel on hand for thrills and spills is always a good idea.
- Drink ingredients including liquor*, wine, and mixers: the easiest way to be a memorable host is to greet guests at the door with a drink, and then to not run out of drinks halfway through the party. From 12-packs of wine to endless mixers, let Boxed do the heavy lifting and deliver all your drinks in bulk.
- Non-alcoholic drinks: make sure everyone is well looked after in the drinks department from kids to designated drivers with a variety of dry drinks including juices and seltzers.
- Chips and salsa: it’s not game day without chips and dips. Place platters and bowls filled with corn chips and salsas (we love Tostitos) around the room so guests always have snacks within reach.
- Nuts and snack mixes: everyone loves snacking on nuts during the game, so fill up bowls with a few different varieties, from Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts to Prince & Spring’s spicy Tex Mex Mix.
- Trash bags: don’t wake up to a mess – it’s a surefire way to lose those post-party endorphins. Stocking up on trash bags gets the clean-up done quickly, which is always a win-win.
* Currently available in California, more states coming soon.