To celebrate World Carbonara Day on April 6th, we’re throwing a pasta party with our friends from Barilla and you’re invited! Join us live on the Boxed Facebook page this Thursday, April 5th at 1pm ET as Barilla’s Executive Chef and Instagram celebrity foodie Lorenzo Boni makes his famous carbonara recipe. RSVP to the party, then get the recipe below and all the ingredients you need to cook along live with Lorenzo on Boxed.
- 1 boxed Barilla Spaghetti
- 6 ounces guanciale (cured unsmoked pork jowl), pancetta, or bacon
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the grated cheese.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add guanciale, cut into strips, and sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, transfer to the pan with the guanciale and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat, add beaten egg yolks with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!