Looking for a healthy recipe to make on busy weeknights? This easy couscous recipe is ready in minutes and serves five. Whether you’re on family dinner duty or making lunch for the week, check out this Mediterranean meal idea and let us know what you think in the comments.
- 3/4 cup NEAR EAST® Couscous mix
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped spinach, packed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Half of a fresh lemon
1. In large skillet, bring low sodium chicken broth, salt (optional), black pepper, garlic powder and olive oil to boil. Once boiling, stir in cous cous and sundried tomatoes.
2. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid absorbed.
3. Fluff cous cous with a fork. Add pine nuts and chopped spinach, one cup at a time. Stir well after each addition.
4. If eating immediately, top with crumbled feta and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice. Otherwise, cover and store in refrigerator until serving. Top with crumbled feta and lemon juice when ready to serve.