Memorial Day is one of our favorite foodie holidays. From saucy wings and juicy ribs to sweet summer corn and endless s’mores, these are the summertime flavors we look forward to every year. But who wants to be stuck indoors cooking when they could be out celebrating with friends? That’s why we’ve put together five easy Memorial Day recipes that get you out of the kitchen and into the party.
Stock up on all your Memorial Day snacks, drinks, and supplies, then add these delicious Memorial Day recipes to your long weekend menu.
Easy Ketchup Wings
We love simple grilling recipes like this. Ketchup is so much more than a condiment; it also makes a delicious marinade for chicken, and these sweet and spicy wings are a great appetizer to serve with drinks.
- 2-1/2 lb chicken wings
- 1 cup Heinz Ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons Sriracha
- Crushed Prince & Spring peanuts and sliced scallions, to serve (optional)
- Marinate the chicken wings in the ketchup and Sriracha, at least four hours or overnight.
- Heat your grill to medium heat. Pat the wings dry and cook on the grill for 25-30 minutes. Serve with peanuts and scallions sprinkled over the top.
3-Ingredient Sticky BBQ Ribs
Photo: Sweet Baby Ray’s
What’s a Memorial Day BBQ without sticky, smoky ribs? Just don’t forget the wet wipes (luckily, we sell them in bulk).
- Using a large bowl, mix half the Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce with the ribs. Sprinkle with the McCormick’s seasoning. Coat the ribs well and evenly.
- Place the ribs on a sprayed baking sheet and roast in a 350 degrees pre-heated oven until an internal temperature of 165 degrees has been reached.
- Remove from the oven and glaze with the remaining Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. Serve and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders
Photo: Lazy Girl Gourmet
This recipe is one you’ll make at Memorial Day, then all summer long. Simply throw everything in your slow cooker in the morning, then by the time your guests arrive, you’ll have juicy, fall-apart chicken to serve with soft, fluffy buns.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cups Tostitos Salsa
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- Pepperidge Farm White Buns
- Heinz Sweet Relish, to serve
- Place chicken thighs in a slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Place back in the slow cooker to coat with the sauce.
- Serve on slider buns with sweet relish.
Easy Mexican Corn
Photo: So Good Blog
We don’t usually play favorites, but we think corn is definitely summer’s best veggie. On its own, corn is heavenly. Grilled, it’s divine. Grilled, then slathered with mayo and cheese and hot sauce? Euphoric. Mexican elote corn is the ultimate supporting star at any Memorial Day bash.
- 4 ears of corns
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Real mayonnaise
- 1 cup Caribe Queso Fresco, grated or Kraft grated Parmesan
- Cholula Hot Sauce, for drizzling
- Put the corn in a large stock pot, cover with water and one tablespoon of salt and bring to the boil. Cook the corn for five minutes.
- Remove the corn. Grill the corn for two to three minutes over indirect medium heat.
- Remove from the grill, allow to cool slightly. Spread with mayonnaise, sprinkle with queso fresco or Parmesan and drizzle with hot sauce.
Peanut Butter S’mores
Photo: Peanut Butter & Co.
We didn’t think it would be possible to top classic s’mores… until we tried layering them with a generous swipe of peanut butter. Our Hershey’s S’mores Kit comes with everything you need to make best-ever s’mores, so just add the peanut butter and you’ve got the perfect way to end your Memorial Day feast.
- Get your graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate from the s’mores kit ready.
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on one side of the crackers, then assemble with the other ingredients, grill, and enjoy.
Shop our Memorial Day shop.