The season of BBQs and sunny weather potlucks is here. Be prepared to feed a soccer team at a moment’s notice with this easy Tri-Color Penne Pasta recipe from our friend at Barilla. With fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella, it’s a crowd-pleaser we reach for again and again.
Tri-Color Penne Pasta Salad with Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 box Barilla Tri-Color Penne
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella
- 2 pints red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
15 minutes preparation + 15 minutes cooking
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season boiling water with salt and cook pasta for 1 minute under the required cooking time
- Drain and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, place on sheet tray to cool down
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil until slightly yellow in color. Set aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl combine halved cherry tomatoes, minced chives, fresh mozzarella, and arugula. Season with salt and black pepper
- Toss with remaining olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.