Boxed’s Big Game Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Big Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Giddy Inc. d/b/a Boxed Wholesale as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Giddy Inc. d/b/a Boxed Wholesale, 451 Broadway, Second Floor, New York, NY 10013.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, January 18 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 27, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter:
- Via Facebook. Log onto your Facebook account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Facebook, located at https://www.facebook.com/BoxedWholesale/ (“Sponsor’s Facebook Page”). Share your favorite Super Bowl snack in the comments of the post. You must be a follower of @BoxedWholesale to be eligible to enter this Contest via Facebook (i.e., you must make sure your posts are set to “public” and not “private”). You must have a Facebook account to enter via this method. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can create one by visiting www.facebook.com. Facebook accounts are free.
- Via Instagram: Log onto your Instagram account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Instagram, located at https://www.instagram.com/boxedwholesale/ (“Sponsor’s Instagram Page”). Share your favorite Super Bowl snack in the comments of the post. You must be a follower of @BoxedWholesale to be eligible to enter this Contest via Instagram (i.e., you must make sure your posts are set to “public” and not “private”). You must have an Instagram account to enter via this method. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one by visiting www.instagram.com. Instagram accounts are free.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period on either Facebook or Instagram. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Facebook and Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below) are not responsible for lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around February 1, 2017. Boxed will notify the potential winner will via the Facebook or Instagram account used by entrant to enter the Sweepstakes. Winner will be asked to confirm receipt of the message within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial notification to receive prize claim instructions, including providing name, home mailing address, email address and date of birth to confirm eligibility. Winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may then be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner does not confirm receipt of email as required, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: Samsung 55” Curved 4K UHD TV and a BIG Boxed Box of Snacks (ARV: $1,750); ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: Samsung 55” Curved 4K UHD TV (ARV: $1,600); ONE (1) THIRD PRIZE: a BIG Boxed Box of Snacks (ARV: $150) (together, “Prizes”).
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 4-5 days after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
7. Release: By receipt of the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, Submission, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, email email@example.com. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM.